August 7, 2019 The Jim Henson Company and Pixite, Inc. Explore New Worlds Through The Magic of Story and Color
San Diego, CA, (August 7th, 2019) – The Jim Henson Company, pioneers at the junction of technology and entertainment, has partnered with Pixite, Inc., to bring the timeless tales of Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, and Farscape to artists and creators on-the-go through Pixite's mobile coloring app, Pigment.
Beloved Henson properties Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, and Farscape have been transformed into digital coloring books for Pigment, unleashing creative spirits the world over to join forces with their favorite characters and indulge in a beloved fantasy world through the wizardry of mobile art technology. The exquisite artwork combined with a variety of creative tools at their fingertips lets colorists bring these stories to life in new and personalized ways, wherever they may be.
Where The Jim Henson Company has long had a foothold in innovative storytelling and world-building, Pixite has carved out a name for itself in the world of mobile art and design. The two companies have discovered common ground and their joint efforts now offer people a new outlet for their innate inventiveness while serving as a reminder that there is always something beautiful to be created when imagination and the tools for its expression unite.
“In this stressful, adult world, it’s easy to forget that the goodness you create is most important. Kids, and especially Jim Henson, always seemed to understand that best,” said Pixite’s Co-Founder, Eugene Kaneko. “Now, The Jim Henson Company and Pixite take another step toward the goal of inspiring people to stay in touch with their proverbial ‘inner child’ by bringing together story, technology, and coloring.”
- App Store page: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pigment-only-true-coloring/id1062006344?ls=1&mt=8&pt=14691&ct=medium&at=11l4HQ
- Google Play Store page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixite.pigment&hl=en_US
- Pixite on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pixiteapps
- Pixite on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pixiteapps/
- Pixite on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pixiteapps
ABOUT THE JIM HENSON COMPANY
The Jim Henson Company has remained a leader in family entertainment for over 60 years and is recognized as an innovator in puppetry, animatronics, and digital animation. Henson’s most recent television credits include Word Party, Doozers, the Emmy®-nominated Splash and Bubbles, and Dinosaur Train. Television productions include Fraggle Rock, The Storyteller, and the sci-fi series Farscape. The Company is currently in production on the upcoming Netflix original series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio.
Pixite, Inc., located in San Diego, California, is an award-winning entertainment app company run by a team of talented developers since 2009. Pixite is focused on providing mobile artists and photographers with tools that push the boundaries of creativity on mobile devices. Pixite's apps include:
- Pigment - Adult Coloring Book (App Store Best of 2016, demo app on iPad Pros in Apple Stores across the U.S.)
- Marvel: Color Your Own
- Assembly - Vector Graphic Design (App Store Best of 2015)
- Matter - 3D Objects (Previous Editor’s Choice, Free App of the Week)
- Tangent - Graphic Design (App Store Best of 2013, Previous Editor's Choice)
- Fragment (#1 in the Top Paid iPad App, Photo and Video category, Free App of the Week, demo app in U.S. Apple Stores)
- Union (#1 Top Paid iPad App, Photo and Video category)
Digital Marketing Director, Pixite, Inc.
Media inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
All Material and Software © 2009-2019 Pixite LLC / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.