The Jim Henson Creature Shop™ is offering a Production Assistant/Internship. We will consider applicants from diverse and marginalized groups. We are looking to hire economically challenged candidates from marginalized groups. The internship will turn over each 6 months. Ideally, we will be hiring from a pool of High School graduates who have an interest in puppetry, building, fabrication, production and other skill-areas that align with our business.
Jim Henson’s Creature Shop™ provides digital puppetry, animatronic creatures, animation, and soft puppets to the international film, television, theater, live event, and advertising industries. Recent credits include Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock (Apple TV+), The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix), Word Party (Netflix), and Earth to Ned (Disney+). The Shop is known for designing and building some of the world’s best-known characters including the Sesame Street puppets and the classic Muppets, as well as the iconic characters from Dinosaurs, Farscape, The Dark Crystal, and Labyrinth. The shop is also known for its live performance work with artists like Coldplay, Cee Lo Green, Lady Gaga and Deadmau5. www.creatureshop.com
- Run errands for materials (this includes driving the production van, as needed).
- Research options for materials; this includes reaching out to vendors for information and quotes.
- Track material usage within the shop.
- Place orders for material requests.
- Help pack up puppets/other materials when needed for shipping out.
- Keep puppets organized and safely stored.
- Maintain all storage logs on AirTable (specifically regarding our Public Storage units).
- Maintain SDS records on AirTable as well as in physical binder.
- Process receipts and invoices in AirTable.
- Regularly take behind-the-scenes photos and keep them organized on Dropbox.
- Covid Test the entire shop every Wednesday (with rapid tests), input results on Airtable, and let each person know their status.
- Monitor pantry supplies and organize replacements of things as they run low.
- Keep the kitchen clean and organized.
- Ensure general cleanliness and organization around the shop.
- Process expense reports as needed.
- Process NDAs as needed.
- Interest in/knowledge of the film/TV industry and an artistic background preferred.
- Familiarity with/willingness to learn AirTable
- Familiarity with/willingness to learn Dropbox
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Please apply via e-mail by submitting a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strive to foster a diverse environment and build a team that is inclusive across race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, national origin, and veteran status.
|Job Category||Jim Henson's Creature Shop|