Part-Time Kitchen Helper/Cook
The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family entertainment for over 60 years and is recognized worldwide as a top-tier, award-winning film production company and an innovator in creatures, puppetry, and live-action and animated television. Henson’s most recent feature film credits include Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio (2023 Academy Award winner for Best Animated Feature), the independent film The Portable Door, (releasing April 2023 on MGM+), and the sequel to Alexander the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, currently in production for Disney+. Recent television credits include the reboot of Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock and the animated series Harriet the Spy for Apple TV+.
The Jim Henson Company is seeking a talented Coordinator to join our 2-person Digital Puppetry Studio. The Henson Digital Puppetry Studio uses patented technology to allow producers, directors, and performers to manipulate three-dimensional CG characters in full CG environments. This is done in real-time for broadcast or streaming.
The Backstage Kitchen is open weekdays for breakfast and lunch service for our employees, tenants, and guests. The Kitchen Helper is responsible for supporting the Kitchen Manager with all tasks as assigned. This is a part-time position, 16-20 hours per week.
- Reads recipes and directions and estimates food requirements
- Prepares menu items in a manner that is consistent and standard
- Uses basic cooking skills to prepare Backstage Kitchen menu items
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, seasons and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment
- May taste test products.
- May need to make trips to the grocery story and handle other errands
- Demonstrates good customer service skills to customers
- Has a positive attitude with no task being too big or small
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Basic food handling skills.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time.
- Communicates well with co-workers and other departments
Pay Scale: $18.00-$20.00/hour depending on experience.
Please apply online by submitting a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strive to foster a diverse environment and build a team that is inclusive across race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, national origin, and veteran status.