The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family entertainment for over 60 years and is recognized worldwide as an innovator in puppetry, live action, and animation. Henson’s most recent television credits include the reboot of Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock and the animated series Harriet the Spy for Apple TV+, the Emmy Award-winning Netflix Original series, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and original Netflix preschool franchise Word Party, Earth to Ned for Disney+, and Dinosaur Train, Splash and Bubbles and Sid the Science Kid for PBS KIDS.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. This position may start on a temporary basis and convert to a ongoing staff role. We actively encourage individuals belonging to diverse groups to apply, (racial, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability) etc.
In supporting this key function of the organization, the ideal candidate will be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism. Candidate should be able to exercise good judgement and have the natural inclination to adhere to the equitable application of all the company’s policies and procedures. The person in this role will be a JHC ambassador that represents the HR department well. Intelligence and willingness to learn are highly desirable traits.
- Updates and maintains information in ADP Payroll System (new hires, terms, maintenance)
- Updates and maintains our benefits portals including Blue Shield, Delta Dental, VSP, Health Equity Cobra, Commuter and Life Insurance portal
- Support the hiring and termination process for project-based employees in the CA and NY Creature Shops, as well as the Henson Recording Studio. Duties include:
- Drafting and collecting signatures on Deal Memos (offer letters), processing hiring paperwork, I-9s, etc.
- Adding the correct project code to each Deal Memo
- Interfacing effectively with our teams in each shop and the Recording studio
- Handling project employee processing in a fast-paced environment
- Monitoring end dates for Project employees and initiating the termination process to include requesting final pay
- Benefits administration; reconcile monthly invoices, supporting open enrollment
- Handle day-to-day HR support functions: CA & NY Unemployment Insurance, employment verifications, general inquiries,
- Maintains an open-door policy for employee inquiries and escalates issues as appropriate to the VP, Human Resources
- Assists with special projects and helps with company events.
- Support the Vice President, Human Resources in all aspects of HR as needed and requested
- Handles all HR tasks in compliance with current CA and NY laws and regulations
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-3 years of experience in an HR support role plus ADP proficiency
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite
- Strong administrative skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Experience working in a creative, tech, media or entertainment company is highly desirable
- Ability to project manage and interact well with all staff
- Self-starting, proactive, with a positive attitude.
Pay Scale: $50,000 – $58,000 (on an hourly basis) depending on experience
Please apply by email with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do Not Apply through the Careers Website.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strive to foster a diverse environment and build a team that is inclusive across race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, national origin, and veteran status.
|Job Category||General Employment|