The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family entertainment for over 60 years and is recognized worldwide as a top-tier, award-winning film production company and an innovator in creatures, puppetry, and live-action and animated television. Henson’s most recent feature film credits include Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio (2023 Academy Award winner for Best Animated Feature), the independent film The Portable Door, (releasing April 2023 on MGM+), and the sequel to Alexander the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, currently in production for Disney+. Recent television credits include the reboot of Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock and the animated series Harriet the Spy for Apple TV+.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support one of our top executives. We hope to hire an upbeat individual who is calm under pressure and has a great sense of humor. 50% of this role will be focused on supporting the executive with personal errands in addition to admin tasks in support of various business lines that are outside of The Jim Henson Company scope. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to stay motivated and focused with minimal supervision.
- First point of contact to all parties including clients, board members, shareholders, Talent and employees
- Manage executive’s calendar including setting appointments and meetings
- Work with travel agent on executive’s travel logistics
- Manage information flow for various projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Handle personal appointments and schedule
- Maintain digital filing system for department
- Execute all tasks with professionalism and discretion
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and a pleasant, open demeanor
Personal Assistant Work
- Keep calendar and schedule a variety of personal appointments
- Project manage business and residential vendors for ad-hoc projects
- Handle admin tasks as needed for executives other business interests as they arise
- Run errands and/or arrange for resources to accomplish various life tasks for executive
- 1-2 years’ experience working as an Executive Assistant to a creative or entertainment executive
- Proficient with the MS Office suite
- A can-do attitude with no task being too big or too small
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with various personalities
Pay Scale: $50,000-$55,000/year depending on experience.
Please apply online by submitting a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strive to foster a diverse environment and build a team that is inclusive across race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, national origin, and veteran status.
|Job Category||General Employment|