The Jim Henson Company – a premier provider of family entertainment for over 50 years – is seeking a systems savvy, versatile coordinator to support the Financial Operations and Business Affairs departments. The ideal candidate has some knowledge and/or working experience within Finance or Accounting, but these skills can also be learned on the job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform work of a confidential nature and coordinate administrative support for the CFO and the President/COO including scheduling meetings, calendar maintenance, filing, answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, maintaining company-wide subscriptions, preparing/reviewing expense reports for approval and making travel arrangements.
- Coordinate Board of Directors presentation and make decisions effecting timeliness and layout of materials.
- Input royalty reports and cash receipts to Media Rights database and ensure all monies due have been received; communicate to appropriate personnel when payments are late.
- Work with department personnel to ensure accurate and timely coding of all project-related expenses.
- Respond to routine and non-routine policy and procedure questions and consult with CFO as appropriate.
- Serve as assistant administrator of Corporate American Express accounts and research discrepancies when necessary.
- Log, track, review and route payment requests, Travel Authorizations, Capital Expenditure Requests, expense reports, Payables, Receivables, tax notices, etc.
- Send files to storage and maintain off-site file database.
- Develop and implement office systems and procedures to support department needs.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide document support for the Legal Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Technologically savvy, fluent using Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint), internet and databases.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail – ability to anticipate needs in advance of meetings, travel and presentations.
- Effective problem-solving skills and solution-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to read and interpret basic legal documents.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential and company-sensitive information.
- Understanding of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures; knowledge of standard formatting for reports, letters, and other documents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Administrative/Executive support experience preferred.
- Previous entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Previous Accounting and/or Finance experience is a plus.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org:
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters community
by celebrating diversity and individuality.
|Job Category||General Employment|