Jim Henson’s Creature Shop™ provides digital and practical visual effects, including design and creation of animatronic creatures, soft puppets, and digital characters to the international film, television, online and advertising industries and is based in Los Angeles and New York with satellite shop capabilities internationally. We are currently looking for a Director New Business, VFX/Practical Effects to source, pitch and close on new revenue-generating projects for our Creature Shop.
The Director New Business should bring 3-5 years of experience overseeing sales and new business activities for VFX, Practical Special Effects, Animation and/or TV or Film Production. This individual will nurture new client relationships and deals, and foster repeat business and projects with existing clients.
The primary focus will be on developing and securing revenue-generating projects that leverage the creative service capabilities of our Creature Shop. The Director New Business will identify and pursue key business opportunities for practical character effects and animation and relationships in the entertainment industries such as television, film, commercial, themed entertainment, live entertainment and theatre, location-based entertainment, and VR/AR. This role will sit in our historic Hollywood location, and interface frequently with key employees in Burbank both onsite and over video conference.
- Drive forward sales activities across the Creature Shop and achieve financial sales targets.
- Source, build and establish profitable industry relationships to generate new revenue streams.
- Generate leads and close sales for creative service vendor opportunities for The Jim Henson Creature Shop with regards to design services, practical effects creation, and animation.
- Establish new partnerships and maintain existing partnerships with clients.
- Lead the pitch and presentation process across creative service offerings for the Creature Shop to potential clients.
- Prepare targeted sales and pitch materials (reels and decks) for distribution to potential clients.
- Refine and improve our overall pitch process, decks, and approach.
- Work with the Production Managers and Producers of each Creature Shop division to gain a deep understanding of how to construct comprehensive proposals, SOWs, budgets, and build schedules for clients.
- Research industry trades to identify and discover film and television production opportunities, advancing technologies, rising trends, and new business ventures.
- Work with Business Affairs to draft project agreements, and contracts.
- Coordinate with the Finance department regarding invoice creation, client compliance with contracted fee schedule, and departmental revenue.
- Work to enhance Creature Shop brand recognition and service offerings to entertainment communities that are under-represented in the puppeteer and animatronics space.
- Identify growth opportunities in areas of entertainment that attract multi-cultural audiences.
- Foster relationships with entertainment organizations dedicated to inclusivity.
- Experience in sales for VFX, Practical Effects, TV and/or Film Production
- Ability to present to a range of client audiences across the creative entertainment industries.
- A polished, client-facing professional demeanor and proven experience pitching and networking with high-level clients.
- 3-5 years of experience in entertainment sales preferably with a strong interest and appreciation of the creative process of character creation, practical effects, animation, film and television.
- Ability to take the lead and project manage all aspects of the pitch process including the coordination, scheduling, and pitch involvement of key Creature Shop creatives and other internal stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and present ideas and concepts to C-level Executives at the Jim Henson Company.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required for client presentations and as needed.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with high-profile clientele, talent, press, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong passion for the work produced by The Jim Henson Company.
- Must understand how to interface with a diverse client base in a sales setting, and exhibit savvy and social etiquette regarding multi-cultural and diversity concepts.
- Excellent oral/written communications skills; experience with Sales Database management; and Excel, PowerPoint proficiency is required.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is essential.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with multicultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Please apply online by submitting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A one-page résumé along with salary expectations.
- A cover letter referencing the position for which you are applying, specifically stating reasons why you are interested in the position and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position and our company. Please cite past work experience or college activities that speak to your qualifications.
NO phone calls or faxes.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters community by celebrating diversity and individuality.
Top 25% of 16 applicants
|Job Category||Jim Henson's Creature Shop|