The Jim Henson Company – a premier provider of family entertainment for over 60 years and computer-generated animation since 1993 – is seeking a PR/Social Media Intern.
JOB TITLE: PR/Social Media Intern
CREATED/REVISED: January 2019
DEPT. NAME: PR/Marketing
DEPT #: 010
LOCATION: Hollywood, CA
REPORTS TO: Manager, Publicity and Social Media
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide general office and administrative support in the company’s marketing department, especially in social media. The candidate will be expected to work a maximum of twenty (20) hours a week.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Will identify social trends and assist in generating content ideas that leverage those opportunities.
- Will assist in scheduling and publishing social content related to The Jim Henson Company’s brands.
- Will draft original posts and digital content for The Jim Henson Company’s social media platforms.
- Will work closely with members of a variety of company teams, including legal, sales, creative affairs, and executive.
- Will assist with general office support, telephones, and filing.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Understanding of publishing on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Experience with databases, particularly Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Google Analytics and social platform analytics is a plus.
- Proficiency in creating social content including editing video clips and gifs are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multitask and get work completed on or before deadlines.
- This internship is an unpaid position and is open to all current students who will receive school credit for the internship.
- All candidates must get prior approval from their school/academic advisor confirming that they will receive school credit for the internship.
- School credit confirmation must be presented to JHC prior to beginning an internship.
Please apply online by submitting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A one-page resume.
- A cover letter referencing the position for which you are applying, specifically stating reasons why you are interested in interning at Henson and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position and our company. Please cite past work experience or college activities that speak to your qualifications.
SUBJECT LINE: JHC PR/Marketing Internship
NO phone calls or faxes.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.