The Jim Henson Company – premier provider of family entertainment for over 60 years and computer-generated animation since 1993 – is seeking a Creative Affairs Intern.
JOB TITLE: Creative Affairs Intern
CREATED/REVISED: November 2018
DEPT. NAME: Creative Affairs/Production
DEPT #: 150
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Supports the Jim Henson Company (JHC) Creative Affairs team in the creative development of sci-fi/fantasy genre feature films and television shows while also working inter-departmentally on special assignments and projects.
- JHC’s Creative Affairs Internship is open to college students who are currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university. Candidates must be available 16 hours per week (days and hours to be determined).
- Major in film, television, entertainment, media or art is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multitask and get work completed on or before deadlines.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Reading articles, books, and screenplays; writing coverage; creative and business research; compiling artwork and pitch materials.
- Assisting executives with phone coverage; coordinating materials for meetings; providing general office support.
- Working directly with JHC executives in this small department allows our interns a unique opportunity to interact with the staff, share your thoughts on material, and form valuable relationships. Interns are requested to attend our weekly Weekend Read meetings for feature films and television, attend our academic seminars on the entertainment business, and attend our special screenings at the studio and any field trips that would be part of the learning experience of our Creative Affairs Internship Program.
- Our interns have the opportunity to work closely with other JHC departments such as Archives, Administration, Design, Marketing/PR, Office of the President, Business and Legal Affairs, Finance, and the Creature Shop. We feel the exposure to all different fields in the entertainment business provides a unique and enriching experience for our interns.
- The Creative Affairs Internship is an unpaid position open to all current students who will receive school credit for the internship.
- All candidates must get prior approval from their school/academic advisor confirming that they will receive school credit for the internship.
- School credit confirmation must be presented to JHC prior to beginning an internship.
Please apply online by submitting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A one-page resume.
- A cover letter referencing the position for which you are applying, specifically stating reasons why you are interested in interning at Henson and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position and our company. Please cite past work experience or college activities that speak to your qualifications.
SUBJECT LINE: JHC Creative Affairs Internship
NO phone calls or faxes.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.