The Jim Henson Company – premier provider of family entertainment for over 60 years and computer generated animation since 1993 – is seeking to fill its Coordinator, Global Sales & Distribution position.
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Global Sales & Distribution
CREATED/REVISED: August, 28, 2019
DEPT. NAME: Global Sales
DEPT #: 425
REPORTS TO: Vice President & Senior Vice President, Global Distribution
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Primary responsibility is to support Sales Division in their global initiatives covering The Jim Henson Company’s new and classic IP including TV series, feature films and other Henson properties.
- The Coordinator, Global Sales and Distribution is responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining and analyzing global availability and sales history reporting; includes quarterly updates on sales expirations and upcoming renewals
- Internal contract circulation and entry into rights management database; general database maintenance as needed
- Managing global launch calendars and tracking performance/ratings across all media, engaging regularly with domestic and international partners
- The creation of sales materials, in cooperation with Marketing and Production teams (i.e. brochures, pitch decks, internal presentation materials, etc.)
- Domestic and international sales market support, inclusive of convention registrations, travel, accommodation, shipping, etc.
- Establishing strong inter-departmental communication, thereby ensuring that the Sales Division is in sync and working effectively and efficiently to move projects forward
- Potential for growth into a junior sales position, beginning with the monitoring of sales agent agreements and potential activity within ancillary markets
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Interested in entertainment sales/distribution, ideally with some experience in the entertainment industry
- Proficient in data analytics and the sourcing of market research
- Well-versed in basic computer software including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint; experience with database management strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to use discretion in dealing with high-profile clientele, talent, press, and maintain confidentiality
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong passion for the work entailed
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.