Coordinator, Financial Operations and Business Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Financial Operations and Business Affairs
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
The Jim Henson Company – a premier provider of family entertainment for over 50 years - is seeking a systems savvy, versatile coordinator to support Financial Operations and Business Affairs departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform work of a confidential nature and coordinate administrative support for the CFO and COO such as scheduling meetings, maintaining calendar, maintaining files, answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, maintaining company-wide subscriptions, preparing/reviewing expense reports for approval and making travel arrangements.
- Coordinate Board of Directors presentation and make decisions effecting timeliness and layout.
- Input and route sales orders to various legal personnel for the Consumer Products group.
- Input royalty reports and cash receipts to Media Rights database and ensure all monies due have been received; communicate to appropriate personnel when payments are late.
- Liaison between Creature Shop and Accounts/Receivable to ensure timely invoicing of clients.
- Work with department personnel to ensure accurate and timely coding of all project-related expenses.
- Scan and record American Express charges to expense tracking program (Gorilla Expense).
- Monthly reconciliation of project system with Vista and Great Plains general ledger.
- Respond to routine and non-routine policy and procedure questions and consult with CFO as appropriate.
- Serve as assistant administrator of Corporate American Express accounts and research discrepancies when necessary.
- Log, track, review and route Payment Requests, Travel Authorizations, Capital Expenditure Requests, Expense Reports, Payables, Receivables, tax notices.
- Codes data for input into financial systems,
- Organize and file finance, production and legal files.
- Send files to storage and maintain off-site file database.
- Develop and implement office systems and procedures to support department needs.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Administrative/Executive support experience required.
- Previous entertainment industry experience preferred, experience in a financial environment desirable.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with all levels of organization.
- Technology savviness, fluent using Microsoft Office 2010 (especially Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and databases.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail – ability to anticipate needs in advance of meetings, travel and presentations.
- Effective problem-solving skills; solutions-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to read and interpret basic legal documents.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential and company-sensitive information.
- Understanding of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures; knowledge of report, letter, etc. format.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humor.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.