Coordinator, Business Development
Los Angeles, CA
The Jim Henson Company – premier provider of family entertainment for over 60 years and computer generated animation since 1993 – is seeking to fill its Coordinator, Business Development position.
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Business Development
CREATED/REVISED: September 9th, 2019
DEPT. NAME: Creature Shop
DEPT #: 510
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Business Development
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Primary responsibility is to support VP, Business Development in identifying and pursuing valuable business opportunities and relationships in entertainment industries such as television, film, commercial, themed entertainment, live entertainment, location-based entertainment, and VR/AR.
- The Coordinator, Business Development is responsible for:
- Research industry trades to discover advancing technologies, rising trends, and new business ventures for Jim Henson’s Creature Shop to develop in.
- Manage the calendar of the VP of Business Development and schedule all domestic and international travel for full-time and freelance employees for the Creature Shop department.
- Work with the VP and the Production Manager to construct comprehensive proposals, SOW, budgets, and build schedules for clients.
- Generate, submit and track purchase orders and invoices for both third-party projects and internal projects across three departments.
- Complete and submit monthly and yearly expense reports for all project-based and internal purchases across two departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Interested in entertainment sales, ideally with some experience in the entertainment industry.
- Well-versed in basic computer software including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint; experience with database management strongly preferred.
- Previous experience as an assistant preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to use discretion in dealing with high-profile clientele, talent, press, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong passion for the work entailed.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.